SREview: Issue #2, June 2020
Here’s the second issue of SREview! This monthly zine features epic Tweets, content, and events happening in the SRE and resilience engineering community.
Tweets that have us twittering
- SRE Leaders Panel: Work as Done vs Work as Imagined: panelists discussed the effects of imposter syndrome especially during high tempo situations and how culture directly affects the availability of our systems.
- Meaningful availability: How many nines do you actually need?: “It isn't the nines that matter so much as the end-user experience, so let's move the discussion beyond ‘How many nines do I need?’ to ‘How can I best serve my customers in ways that they care about?’”
- SRE, CSE, and the safety boundary: Lorin Hochstein focuses on how SRE and CSE vary yet work cooperatively in context of the dynamic safety model.
- Resilience in Action, Episode 3: Inclusion and Integrity with Sidney Miller: In the third episode of this podcast, Amy Tobey chats with Sidney Miller, Talent Acquisition Lead and Inclusion Strategist at Packet.
- How to get big results with a small SRE team: Pierre Vincent writes on how SREs can help teams while never blocking them by being wary of creating your own tooling, avoiding technology spread, measuring where your team is spending time, and more.
What we’ve been building
In addition to Zoom, Slack and Google Hangouts, Blameless has released a new integration with GoToMeeting to further extend our collaboration capabilities. Check out our blog.
- SRE Thought Leader PanelJune 25 at 11 AM PST: Join SRE experts such as Jessica Kerr (Host of Arrested DevOps), Tim Tischler (SRE Champion at New Relic and previously CTO Tripgrid), and Ward Cunningham (inventor of the first wiki).
- INS1GHTS2020 hosted by NS1 June 25: A one-day digital gathering of industry leaders in NetOps, DevOps, and application delivery for candid conversations and presentations on navigating the present and building the future.
- Blameless demoJune 30 at 8 AM PST: See the Blameless product in action and get your questions answered.
Want to contribute?
If you’re looking to share your insights with the SRE and resilience engineering community, we’d love to partner with you on content. Fill out our form here and we’ll reach out!
Share this story with your friends
Blameless is the industry's first end-to-end SRE platform, empowering teams to optimize the reliability of their systems without sacrificing innovation velocity.
4 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
1 day, 5 hours ago