- ‣ The United Nations Suffers a Data Breach, Exposing 100,000 Employee Details
- ‣ KubeSphere Extends Collaboration To Amazon Web Services
- ‣ Red Hat To Acquire StackRox and Bring To OpenShift Platform
- ‣ DataStax Releases K8ssandra – The Latest Production-Ready Platform for Running Apache Cassandra on Kubernetes
- ‣ AWS Launches Location Service, Opening New Opportunities For Developers
- ‣ GDPR Violations Lead To $66,000 Fine for Swedish University
- ‣ CloudLinux To Invest A Million Dollars Annually In Project Lenix
- ‣ Google Launches Machine Query Language in General Availability for Cloud Monitoring
- ‣ AWS Launches Service Workbench for Researchers
- ‣ AWS Batch Support Now Available for AWS Fargate
- ‣ Highest-Rated Cloud Computing Companies to Work For in 2021
- ‣ Mirantis Launches k0s - The Smallest, Simplest Kubernetes Distro
- ‣ AWS Fault Injection Simulator Improves Cloud Chaos Engineering
- ‣ China claims it’s quantum computer is 100 trillion times faster than any supercomputer
- ‣ Red Hat OpenShift to Support Windows Containers from 2021
- ‣ How Do Teams Automate Security in 2020?
- ‣ Github Releases 2020 State Of The OCTOVERSE Report
- ‣ Twitter Signs Agreement With AWS To Leverage The Public Cloud
AWS re:Invent 2020: Key facts
Dec. 6, 2020, 3:56 p.m. in Cloud Computing
Owing to Amazon’s dominance in the global cloud market with its AWS products, the AWS re:Invent 2020 event is the most important event for the industry. For the past eight years, this event has been held in Las Vegas, but because of the Coronavirus pandemic, the AWS re:Invent 2020 event will be online. The AWS re:Invent 2020 event will start from November 30 and run till December 18. Special features of the AWS re:Invent 2020 event include product launches, keynote speeches, and training sessions.
As with any other AWS re:Invent event, the keynote speeches in the virtual AWS re:Invent 2020 event will be given by Amazon CTO Werner Vogel as well as AWS CEO Andy Jassy.
The virtual shift of this year’s AWS re:Invent 2020 event is important and beneficial for Amazon since its other competitors - Google and Microsoft - have already canceled several events this year.
The AWS re:Invent 2020 event will also host leadership sessions in the field of Analytics, Architecture, AWS Public Sector, Business Applications, Computing, Containers, Databases, IoT, and more.
Other than this, the AWS re:Invent 2020 event will also be a platform to launch some new products to be released by Amazon and AWS.
Some of the most important sponsors for the virtual AWS re:Invent 2020 event include Accenture, Capital One, Deloitte, Intel, Salesforce, MongoDB, VMWare, and Cognizant.
Last year, announcements included the launch of Amazon Kendra, Rekognition Custom Labels, Amazon Augmented AI (A2I), AWS Data Exchange, Statmux for AWS MediaLive, AWS Graviton2-powered EC2 Instances, and AWS Nitro Enclaves. Other announcements also included Accelerated site-to-site VPN using Global Accelerator, Transit Gateway Inter-Regional Peering, and AWS Lambda Provisioned Concurrency.
What are the announcements for this year? This is what we are going to cover in a future news article, subscribe to our newsletter to receive our future updates.
It’s been a crazy 10 years. Our goal was to help internet-scale companies be successful, but we completely transformed the technology industry. Our goal is to shift control from the IT provider to the customer and many of our customers are transforming their worlds as well.Werner VogelsChief Technology Officer, AWS