- ‣ Trend Micro Attacks on Cryptomining Docker
- ‣ Amazon Launches for CloudFront Security Savings Bundle
- ‣ Google's cloud business lost over $ 5.5 billion last year
- ‣ Microsoft Azure Functions Vulnerable to Docker Escape Bug
- ‣ Pinecone, a serverless vector database for machine learning, leaves stealth with $10M funding
- ‣ Researchers detect new malware targeting Kubernetes clusters to mine Monero
- ‣ GitLab Changes its Pricing Plan; Drops Starter Tier
- ‣ Microsoft Security Business Surpasses $10 Billion in Revenue
- ‣ Researchers uncover a 10-year old vulnerability in Linux
- ‣ IBM Introduces New Cloud Pricing
- ‣ AWS to offer free eight-week training
- ‣ IBM acquires cloud consultancy firm - Taos Mountain
- ‣ Driftctl: A Tool to detect Infrastructure Drifts
- ‣ New Work From Home Expansion From OpsRamp Network.
AWS to spend $2.77 billion on new cloud region in India
Nov. 16, 2020, 9:01 p.m.
AWS works on the basis of active regions. Certain areas are provided data centers using which developers can run their computations on the AWS server. While there are numerous AWS regions and local zones available all across the world, several new ones are in the works of being set up and launched. In North America alone, there are seven AWS regions with a total of over 25 availability zones.
These AWS regions are also up and running in Sao Paulo, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Bahrain, Ireland, Milan, Stockholm, Cape Town, Beijing, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, Ningxia, Osaka, Mumbai, and Hong Kong. Out of these, the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region was one of the most recently established regions, having launched in June 2016. Now, Amazon hasn’t just launched new regions in 2020 but is also looking to add more to the dossier in the upcoming years. Here’s everything you need to know about the same.
In early 2020, new AWS regions were added in Italy and South Africa.
The aim of this addition was to help local companies in terms of convenience, security, performance, reliability, scalability, and flexibility.
Apart from the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region added by Amazon in 2016, a third availability zone was added in 2019.
The AWS Asia Pacific (Hyderabad) Region is also up and running currently. Amazon Web Services revealed big plans to invest $2.8 billion to build this region.
This addition will mark the 11th AWS region in Asia.
Other AWS edge locations in India are located at Kolkata (1), New Delhi (4), Chennai (2), Bangalore (3), and Mumbai (3).
AWS future plans
Apart from the current up and running AWS regions all across the globe, there are also plans underway for the establishment of new AWS regions in the next few years or so. The aim in doing so is to provide increased robustness, store data locally, provide physical security, and run workloads with reduced latency. This will also give a boost to customer service, scalability, and flexibility, as well as high-performance.
The work is currently underway to launch AWS regions in Indonesia, Switzerland, Spain, and Japan. This addition will allow local organizations to leverage the unmatched benefits of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, and Mobile Computing in numerous industries. This includes social scoring, entertainment, advertising, e-learning, healthcare, retail, and more.