- ‣ NSA Recommends the Use of TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.3 as Other TLS Versions Prove Obsolete
- ‣ Cockroach Labs publishes the 2021 Cloud Report
- ‣ The United Nations Suffers a Data Breach, Exposing 100,000 Employee Details
- ‣ KubeSphere Extends Collaboration To Amazon Web Services
- ‣ Red Hat To Acquire StackRox and Bring More Security To OpenShift Platform
- ‣ DataStax Releases K8ssandra – The Latest Production-Ready Platform for Running Apache Cassandra on Kubernetes
- ‣ AWS Launches Location Service, Opening New Opportunities For Developers
- ‣ GDPR Violations Lead To $66,000 Fine for Swedish University
- ‣ CloudLinux To Invest A Million Dollars Annually In Project Lenix
- ‣ Google Launches Machine Query Language in General Availability for Cloud Monitoring
- ‣ AWS Launches Service Workbench for Researchers
- ‣ AWS Batch Support Now Available for AWS Fargate
- ‣ Highest-Rated Cloud Computing Companies to Work For in 2021
- ‣ Mirantis Launches k0s - The Smallest, Simplest Kubernetes Distro
- ‣ AWS Fault Injection Simulator Improves Cloud Chaos Engineering
- ‣ China claims it’s quantum computer is 100 trillion times faster than any supercomputer
- ‣ Red Hat OpenShift to Support Windows Containers from 2021
KubeEdge to Join the CNCF
Sept. 27, 2020, 10:51 p.m. in Edge Computing
The primary mission of KubeEdge is to expand cloud capabilities to the edge by extending native containerized application orchestration capabilities to hosts at edge.
It is built upon kubernetes and provides fundamental infrastructure support for network, app deployment and metadata synchronization between cloud and edge.
KubeEdge is originally developed at Futurewei, an affiliate of Huawei.
KubeEdge was accepted as a CNCF Sandbox project in March 2019, and released version 1.0 in June 2019.
KubeEdge has reached more than 395 contributors from 25 organizations since joining the CNCF.
The project has 14 maintainers from 5 different organizations, including Huawei and China Unicom. It is also used in production by some companies like Huawei Cloud and KubeSphere.
The project has 2,500+ Commits, 2,900+ GitHub Stars and more than 780 Forks.
KubeEdge is an open source system for extending native containerized application orchestration capabilities to hosts at Edge. It provides fundamental infrastructure support for network, application deployment, and metadata synchronization between cloud and edge. It is licensed under Apache 2.0. and free for personal or commercial use.
KubeEdge is composed of two main parts: The cloud part and the edge one.
We designed KubeEdge to address three major challenges in edge computing – network reliability between the cloud and edge, resource constraint on edge nodes, and scalability challenges of highly distributed edge architectures. By extending cloud native technologies to the edge, KubeEdge forms a complete edge cloud computing ecosystem. We are very excited to continue to make the project more robust as it moves to incubation.Zefeng WangCo-founder, KubeEdge