KubeSphere Extends Collaboration To Amazon Web Services
On January 7th, KubeSphere announced their extended relationship with AWS as they become available on AWS Quick Start. KubeSphere is a distributed operating system managing cloud-native applications with Kubernetes as its kernel and provides extensible plug-and-play integrations.
KubeSphere is an enterprise-grade and multitenant container platform with streamlined DevOps workflows.
The tool has a developer-friendly web interface and can help enterprises develop robust platforms that contain common functions for enterprise Kubernetes environments.
The Quick Start has an AWS CloudFormation template for Kubesphere, which could be used to build the AWS cloud infrastructure needed to create clusters..
Quick Start offers deployments into a new and even existing VPCs.
KubeSphere provides full-stack automated IT operations and streamlined DevOps workflows
KubeSphere is an enterprise-grade and multitenant container platform with streamlined DevOps workflows. It has a developer-friendly web interface and can help enterprises develop robust platforms that contain common functions for enterprise Kubernetes environments.
The integration with Quick Start, created in collaboration with AWS, can be used to set up a highly available virtual private cloud architecture that spans across three availability zones.
According to AWS, this Quick Start sets up the following:
- A highly available virtual private cloud (VPC) architecture that spans three Availability Zones. The VPC is configured with public and private subnets, according to AWS best practices, to provide you with your own virtual network on AWS.
- In the public subnets:
- Managed network address translation (NAT) gateways to allow outbound internet access for resources in the private subnets.
- Linux bastion hosts in an Auto Scaling group to allow inbound Secure Shell (SSH) access to administer the KubeSphere platform and Amazon EKS environment.
- In the private subnets:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances in an Auto Scaling group. KubeSphere core components and your applications run on worker nodes.
- An Amazon EKS cluster, which provides the Kubernetes control plane.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles to help you securely control access to AWS resources.
- Elastic Load Balancing to distribute incoming application or network traffic across multiple targets.
Deployment in Quick Start can be done by following the official guide, and it takes at least 40-50 minutes to run through successfully.
While running this Quick Start, the billing expenses are dependent on the CloudFormation templates, configuration parameters, and it is advisable to enable the AWS Cost and Usage Report for the proper cost optimization process. For any concerns and issues, AWS Quick Start is open-sourced so users can study the GitHub repository and approach the concept with best practices.
Lastly, the collaboration deal between AWS and Kubeshere is quite impactful in making the AWS experience better for the users.
As a standard setter with a strong presence in the cloud industry, AWS has powered numerous Chinese enterprises to digitalize their operations, offering them new technologies in cloud infrastructure. With KubeSphere, enterprises are now better positioned to build production-ready Kubernetes clusters using the KubeSphere AWS Quick StartCalvin YuProject Manager, KubeSphere
Get similar news in your inbox weekly, for free
Share this news:
Get deep visibility into the performance of your complex enterprise applications and cloud native workloads. Identify potential issues, improve productivity, and ensure that your business and end users are unaffected by downtime and substandard performance ...
We tested ManageEngine Applications Manager to monitor different Kubernetes clusters. This post shares our review …
Harness the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to monitor your IT resources with Site24x7's artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) and machine learning operations (MLOps). Improve mean time to repair (MTTR) issues with the help of Site24x7 AIOps ...
In this post we'll dive deep into integrating AIOps in your business suing Site24x7 to …