- ‣ The United Nations Suffers a Data Breach, Exposing 100,000 Employee Details
- ‣ KubeSphere Extends Collaboration To Amazon Web Services
- ‣ Red Hat To Acquire StackRox and Bring To OpenShift Platform
- ‣ DataStax Releases K8ssandra – The Latest Production-Ready Platform for Running Apache Cassandra on Kubernetes
- ‣ AWS Launches Location Service, Opening New Opportunities For Developers
- ‣ GDPR Violations Lead To $66,000 Fine for Swedish University
- ‣ CloudLinux To Invest A Million Dollars Annually In Project Lenix
- ‣ Google Launches Machine Query Language in General Availability for Cloud Monitoring
- ‣ AWS Launches Service Workbench for Researchers
- ‣ AWS Batch Support Now Available for AWS Fargate
- ‣ Highest-Rated Cloud Computing Companies to Work For in 2021
- ‣ Mirantis Launches k0s - The Smallest, Simplest Kubernetes Distro
- ‣ AWS Fault Injection Simulator Improves Cloud Chaos Engineering
- ‣ China claims it’s quantum computer is 100 trillion times faster than any supercomputer
- ‣ Red Hat OpenShift to Support Windows Containers from 2021
- ‣ How Do Teams Automate Security in 2020?
- ‣ Github Releases 2020 State Of The OCTOVERSE Report
- ‣ Twitter Signs Agreement With AWS To Leverage The Public Cloud
AWS Launches Service Workbench for Researchers
Jan. 6, 2021, 2:56 p.m. in Cloud Computing
AWS has just launched a researchers platform called the service workbench. They declared that it is built for research collaboration processes while allowing transparency, effective communication, and high productivity among colleagues. It is accessible by researchers over the solutions implementations section of the portal.
Service workbench on AWS is built to be a portal for cloud researchers for quick tasks that takes longer time prior to this period and some of those tasks include data deployments, multi-site cooperation amongst others.
Service workbench on AWS ensures repeatability is avoided while working on the required data being analyzed.
Service workbench on AWS is fully managed by AWS and fully supports any HIPAA service that is eligible.
Service workbench on AWS redirects researchers focus from technical duties to just management of services and it is fully dependent on federated data.
Service workbench on AWS supports storage of data in the Amazon S3 buckets that are being managed in itself.
Service workbench for AWS helps to create templates that approve compute instances for EC2 built for Linux and windows.
In securing and controlling data in the cloud, there is a huge need for solutions in services format and aim to create a robust workbench - one of the most recent ways of reaching such a goal is the Service Workbench on AWS. It is built to ensure that developers and cloud researchers dive their focus on getting the mission complete rather than managing infrastructures and configurations. Also, in the sharing of information among research peers, the platform has it all covered as long as the required parties are on the platform as well.
In the general sense, AWS ensures it directly fosters better research process, platform management, deployment transparency, data access control, and optimum communication process between researchers. The researchers will also have the sole responsibility of managing the research resources rather than the infrastructure of code deployments. AWS also reported that the solution platform is structured to deploy to a certain environment that is hosted on Amazon storage bucket, i.e., Amazon S3, and made accessible via the Amazon Cloud front.
While there needs to be authentication using the Amazon Cognito, the Amazon API gateway is used to activate the serverless backend. Some additional information that can be leveraged is an opportunity for customers and researchers to locate the implementations webpage and find the custom solution for your business or research expectations. This platform implementation solutions have been studied and approved by different AWS architects before its launch to ensure it achieves the reason why it was built. It is designed to be attractive to all types of customers regardless of the level of experience, so it has a detailed architecture with a step by step guide on how to make the deployments successful. Additionally, the service workbench in AWS provides the opportunity to have peer-to-peer collaborations while conducting experiments between universities, institutions, organizations, amongst many others.
Finally, the impacts of the service workbench on the cloud space, especially for researchers, can never be overemphasized - beyond the on-demand research environment capabilities, secure environments, total cost transparency, and the open-source solution as customers pay for the services being used, its impact in research is spectacular, and the image below shows the clear disparity in the conventional research processes and the service workbench approach.
In the event that you intend to test-run the service workbench as a novice or expert researcher who wants to use this platform along with its best practices, security boast amongst other exciting features previously mentioned, there is a GitHub repository for Service Workbench in AWS that can be leveraged to understand the step-by-step processes as well as workflows.