- ‣ NSA Recommends the Use of TLS 1.2 or TLS 1.3 as Other TLS Versions Prove Obsolete
- ‣ Cockroach Labs publishes the 2021 Cloud Report
- ‣ The United Nations Suffers a Data Breach, Exposing 100,000 Employee Details
- ‣ KubeSphere Extends Collaboration To Amazon Web Services
- ‣ Red Hat To Acquire StackRox and Bring More Security To OpenShift Platform
- ‣ DataStax Releases K8ssandra – The Latest Production-Ready Platform for Running Apache Cassandra on Kubernetes
- ‣ AWS Launches Location Service, Opening New Opportunities For Developers
- ‣ GDPR Violations Lead To $66,000 Fine for Swedish University
- ‣ CloudLinux To Invest A Million Dollars Annually In Project Lenix
- ‣ Google Launches Machine Query Language in General Availability for Cloud Monitoring
- ‣ AWS Launches Service Workbench for Researchers
- ‣ AWS Batch Support Now Available for AWS Fargate
- ‣ Highest-Rated Cloud Computing Companies to Work For in 2021
- ‣ Mirantis Launches k0s - The Smallest, Simplest Kubernetes Distro
- ‣ AWS Fault Injection Simulator Improves Cloud Chaos Engineering
- ‣ China claims it’s quantum computer is 100 trillion times faster than any supercomputer
- ‣ Red Hat OpenShift to Support Windows Containers from 2021
Ionir Launches Kubernetes Instant Data Mobility
Sept. 22, 2020, 1:22 a.m. in Kubernetes
Data Teleport, the Ionir enterprise software defined storage platform provides instant mobility capability for persistent volumes and allows stateful applications to be copied or moved instantly between Kubernetes clusters.
Ionir announced $11 million in funding backed by Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) alongside C5 Capital.
The Ionir solution offers the same portability to data and persistent volumes that clients get with containers and Kubernetes.
Ionir says its platform removes the complexity of storage and data management for Kubernetes-based clouds by enabling customers to create a transparent data layer and a standard collection of data management workflows independent of the cloud or infrastructure that underlies it.
Built into the Ionir storage and data management platform, Data Teleport mobilizes data and persistent volumes, making them portable as containerized applications which allows any persistent volume to be copied or moved between two Kubernetes clusters in less than 60 seconds, regardless of the size of the volume, the amount of data, or the location of the clusters.
While Kubernetes adoption is increasing, most businesses are still struggling to manage Kubernetes with conventional storage solutions designed to serve older applications.
Jacob Cherian claims that Data Teleport™ can help make time consuming and often project-hybrid and multi-cloud workflows into developers' everyday operations. A good use case is when you need to copy data between production data to the development (or any other non-production) environment or when you are migrating/scaling applications.
In order to create a lightweight and stable portable representation of a volume and all its data that can be sent between two Kubernetes clusters, Data Teleport leverages Ionir metadata architecture. If the target cluster receives the portable representation, the volume and all of its data become immediately available.
With Data Teleport, persistent volumes can be moved or copied between Kubernetes clusters and clouds in under 40 seconds independent of the size of the volume or the amount of data involved. For example, in a production/development hybrid deployment, developers will no longer have to wait for hours or days for volumes to be copied to get access to the latest data. With instant mobility data can be refreshed in under a minute accelerating development processes and the delivery of new capabilities.Jacob CherianCEO, Ionir